Close

Ask us your question

or

Need help?

Leek - Derby St

Leek Derby Street Branch was opened in 1985, to complement the Society’s existing St. Edward Street facility.

Today, it’s regarded as our ‘flagship’ branch, situated in the town’s main shopping street and offering a more convenient access for all our members.

Like our Uttoxeter branch, the premises used to be a pub, The Duke of York, and – prior to Leek United moving in – a furniture store.

Known locally as ‘The Queen of the Moorlands’, Leek is the Staffordshire Moorlands’ principal town and the most important centre on the south-western edge of the Peak District.

Historically, Bonnie Prince Charlie passed through Leek in 1745, and Thomas Brindley (builder of the Bridgewater Canal) built a water mill here in 1750. That has been restored to working order and is now a fine museum. 

Contact the branch

51 Derby Street, Leek, Staffordshire, ST13 6HU

Fax:01538 399062 Email:leek.derbyst@leekunited.co.uk

Opening times

Mon 9.15 am - 4.45 pm
Tue 9.45 am - 4.45 pm
Wed to Fri 9.15 am - 4.45 pm
Sat 9.15 am - 12.00 noon.

Latest News