How we can assist you
– Contact you as soon as possible to discuss your problem.
– Liaise with a debt advice agency on your behalf provided you have given us your written authority to do so.
– Give you reasonable time to pay back your debt.
– Only commence proceedings to repossess your home if we cannot solve the problem with you.
We might be able to
– Arrange a new payment plan with you.
– Change the way you make your payments, or the date you make them.
– Allow you to pay back your mortgage over a longer period of time (this would reduce your monthly payments but you would then pay more interest to the Society over the mortgage term).
– Change your mortgage repayment method for a limited period of time.
– If we can make one of these arrangements with you, we will explain how it would work and give you time to consider it.
– If we cannot offer you any of these options we will tell you why. We may agree to you remaining in your home and allow you to sell the property yourself depending on the circumstances.