If you have any worries about how you’re going to pay your mortgage and you’ve been financially impacted by the coronavirus - please call us free on 0800 783 0847, or fill in the enquiry form at the bottom of the page. Together we can review your individual circumstances to find a solution that’s right for you.
We’ve all read those worrying statements on mortgage paperwork: ‘Your home may be repossessed if you do not keep up repayments...’
Whilst many of us prefer to think ‘well, it’ll never happen to me’, it’s all too easy to get into the sort of financial difficulty that could, unfortunately, put your home at risk.
A rise in interest rates, an unexpected bill or family expense, a sudden change in your circumstances… any one of these, and more, can leave you facing just such a potential financial nightmare.
But the worst thing you can do is…nothing!
It is important to not bury your head in the sand - there are options available to you.
There are several advice agencies available who offer knowledge and support when it comes to your finances.
– Contact you as soon as possible to discuss your problem.
– Liaise with a debt advice agency on your behalf provided you have given us your written authority to do so.
– Give you reasonable time to pay back your debt.
– Only commence proceedings to repossess your home if we cannot solve the problem with you.
We might be able to
– Arrange a new payment plan with you.
– Change the way you make your payments, or the date you make them.
– Allow you to pay back your mortgage over a longer period of time (this would reduce your monthly payments but you would then pay more interest to the Society over the mortgage term).
– Change your mortgage repayment method for a limited period of time.
– If we can make one of these arrangements with you, we will explain how it would work and give you time to consider it.
–If we cannot offer you any of these options we will tell you why. We may agree to you remaining in your home and allow you to sell the property yourself depending on the circumstances.
We have created some useful information which will hopefully prove important if you are struggling to keep up with your payments.
Remember, it is always better to discuss any problems you might have - so make sure you get in touch with our specialist team.Direct Debit Form