Full Terms and Conditions relating to our 5-year Fixed Rate up to 75% loan to value (no fee) Mortgage Product
- Existing customers for product transfer purposes, re-arrangement, additional borrowing applications and existing customers moving home.
- Applicants to be either employed, self-employed or retired (confirmation of income will be required).
- Applicants must be at least 18 years of age and be UK residents.
- Houses and flats (subject to lending policy criteria, please ask for further details) within England (including Isle of Wight) and Wales are an accepted type of security. For a list of unacceptable property types please speak to your mortgage advisor.
- Product Availability: This product may be withdrawn with little or no notice.
To ensure funds are reserved it is essential that a residential mortgage application form is fully completed and submitted and that any application fee is paid.
- Purchase/Re-mortgage will not be acceptable unless the owner/vendor has been registered with the Land Registry for at least six months.
- Property Insurance: Prior to completion, the Society will need to be satisfied that the insurance cover meets its minimum requirements. Full details of minimum requirements are available on request.
- 2.50% fixed until 30 April 2025.
- The overall cost for comparison is 4.8% Annual Percentage Rate of Charge (APRC)
- Completion must take place on or before 30 April 2020. Please note that if your mortgage does not complete by the 30 April 2020, you will not benefit from the fixed rate period quoted.
- As interest is calculated on a daily basis, any overpayments you make will immediately reduce the amount you owe and also the amount of interest you pay.
- At the end of the fixed rate period the rate will revert to the Society’s SVR applicable at that time which will not fall below 3% at any time during the life of the mortgage.
- The Society reserves the right to withdraw the fixed rate if you cease to occupy the property as your main residence. The Society’s standard variable rate, applicable at that time, would then apply.
- Maximum loan £1,500,000.
- Maximum loan to value 75% (excluding any fees added to the loan). Loan to value is your total mortgage amount divided by the purchase price or valuation, whichever is the lower.
- Minimum property value is £75,000.
- Early Repayment Charge: If the mortgage is repaid either in whole or in part, or is transferred to an alternative product, before 30 April 2025 then an early repayment charge will apply. This charge will be based on; 5% of the outstanding loan if the mortgage is repaid before 30th April 2021, 4% of the outstanding loan if the mortgage is repaid before 30th April 2022, 3% of the outstanding loan if the mortgage is repaid before 30th April 2023, 2% of the outstanding loan if the mortgage is repaid before 30th April 2024 and 1% of the outstanding loan if the mortgage is repaid before 30th April 2025. Capital repayments, which are not subject to the above early repayment charge, can be made of up to 10% of the original loan amount (original transfer amount if variation) in any 12 month period from the date of completion.
- Free standard mortgage valuation for all purchase, re-mortgage or additional borrowing applications. If a valuation is required in connection with a product transfer then a valuation fee will be payable (per scale)
- A Mortgage Exit Fee is payable at the prevailing rate on full repayment (redemption) of your mortgage.
- If you qualify, additional funds may be made available using the Society's 'Additional Borrowing' facility.
An up-front additional borrowing fee of £200 (non-refundable), is payable in respect of any additional borrowing.
Further details are available on request.
Representative Example (based on a house purchase):
The Annual Percentage Rate of Charge (APRC) varies with the circumstances of each mortgage. Here is a representative example of a loan secured on your main residential property: A mortgage of £131,000.00 on a capital and interest (repayment) basis payable over 25 years initially on a fixed rate for 5 years fixed at 2.50% and then on our Standard Variable Rate (SVR) of 5.69% (variable) for the remaining 20 years you would pay:
1 monthly repayment of £8.95, followed by
60 monthly repayments of £586.51, followed by
240 monthly repayments of £771.26
The total amount payable would be £220,441.95 made up of the loan amount of £131,000.00 plus interest (£89,301.95) a funds transfer fee of £20 and legal fee of £120. The overall cost for comparison is 4.4% APRC representative.
Please note: the example above is for a residential property purchase only and assumes a payment date of 1st of the month. If you choose to pay your mortgage later in the month this will affect payments and could result in a higher APRC. For product transfers, re-arrangement and additional borrowing applications, certain fees do not apply. Please speak to your mortgage adviser for further details.
This product is portable. If you move home, this mortgage product may be transferred to your new property (subject to terms and conditions). A portability fee is payable at the time of porting the mortgage at the prevailing rate).
This product sheet should be read in conjunction with our “Homebuyer’s Guide” booklet, “Fixed Rate Portability Sheet” and the “Statement of Practice – Borrowers” booklet. For other charges, which may apply, see our “Tariff of Mortgage Charges” leaflet.