Full Terms and Conditions relating to our Buy to Let 2 Year Discount Mortgage - up to 55% Loan to Value
- Existing borrowers for product transfer, re-arrangement, Additional Borrowing applications and existing borrowers transferring their investment mortgage to a new investment property.
- Applicant(s) must have a minimum combined income of £20,000 and must own their own residential property or receive sufficient income to support the loan based on standard income multiples (confirmation of income will be required).
- Applicants must be at least 21 years of age and be UK residents.
- Houses and flats (subject to lending policy criteria, please ask for further details) within England (including Isle of Wight) and Wales are an accepted type of security. For a list of unacceptable property types please speak to your mortgage advisor.
- Product Availability: This product may be withdrawn with little or no notice.
To ensure funds are reserved it is essential that a Buy to Let mortgage application form is fully completed and submitted and that any application fee is paid.
- Purchase/Re-mortgage will not be acceptable unless the owner/vendor has been registered with the Land Registry for at least six months.
- Property Insurance: Prior to completion, the Society will need to be satisfied that the insurance cover meets its minimum requirements. Full details of minimum requirements are available on request.
- 3.80% discount off the Society's standard variable rate (currently 5.69%) for 2 years.
- After 2 years the account will change to the Society's standard variable rate, applicable at that time, which will not fall below 3% at any time during the life of the mortgage.
- As interest is calculated on a daily basis, any overpayments you make will immediately reduce the amount you owe and also the amount of interest you pay.
- Maximum loan £1,500,000.
- Maximum loan to value is 75% (excluding any fees added to the loan). Loan to value is your total mortgage amount divided by the purchase price or valuation whichever is the lower.
- Minimum Property Value is £75,000.
- No Application Fee is payable for product transfers. An ‘Account Review’ offering the following facilities is available at no extra cost (when taken at the time of the product transfer), subject to terms and conditions and the Society’s Responsible Lending Policy:
- Change of mortgage term
- Change of method of repayment.
If you are an existing borrower transferring your investment mortgage to a new investment property and wish to apply for this product to fund your new Buy to Let purchase, an up-front application fee of £200 will be payable.
- If you are transferring from an existing Buy to Let product, it is assumed that you will continue to use the Tenancy Agreement previously approved by the Society, unless stated otherwise. A consent to let fee will be made for any subsequent Tenancy Agreements, requiring approval, which will be £90.
- Free standard mortgage valuation for all purchase, remortgage or additional borrowing applications. If a valuation is required in connection with a product transfer then a valuation fee will be payable (per scale).
- If you are transferring from a residential mortgage product, a consent to let fee of £90 will be payable for the approval of a Tenancy Agreement.
- No Early Repayment Charges apply to this product.
- A Mortgage Exit Fee is payable at the prevailing rate on full repayment (redemption) of your mortgage.
- If you qualify, additional funds may be made available using the Society’s Additional Borrowing facility.
An up-front additional borrowing fee of £200 (non-refundable), is payable in respect of any additional borrowing.
Further details are available on request.
- The property must be let on an Assured Short-hold Tenancy Agreement for a maximum period of 12 months.
- Sale and Rent back agreements are not acceptable.
- Unacceptable tenancy lets are houses converted into flats, houses in multiple occupation (HMO’s) and accommodation for Department of Works & Pensions (DWP) and/or student tenants. Maximum portfolio – 10 (with or without mortgages) and a maximum of 5 properties under mortgage with Leek United Building Society.
- Rental income must be at least 140% of mortgage interest calculated at an interest rate of 5.5% for a purchase or remortgage with additional borrowing.
- For a remortgage with no additional borrowing rental income must be at least 125% of mortgage interest calculated at an interest rate of 5.5%.
Deposit Protection Scheme
- If a deposit is to be paid by the tenant you must sign up to one of the 3 schemes listed below:
- Deposit Protection Service (DPS)
- Tenancy Deposit Solutions Ltd (TDSL)
- Tenancy Deposit Scheme (TDS)
Representative Example (based on a house purchase):
The Annual Percentage Rate of Interest (APR) varies with the circumstances of each mortgage. Here is a representative example of a loan secured on your investment property: A mortgage of £107,000 on a capital and interest (repayment) basis payable over 25 years initially on a discounted variable rate of 1.89% (equal to 3.8% discount off our Standard Variable Rate) for 2 years and then on our Standard Variable Rate (SVR) of 5.69% (variable) for the remaining 23 years you would pay:
1 monthly repayment of £77.57, followed by
24 monthly repayments of £447.14, followed by
276 monthly repayments of £648.60
The total amount payable would be £189,962.53 made up of the loan amount of £107,000 plus interest (£82,822.53) with a funds transfer fee of £20 and legal fee of £120. The overall cost for comparison is 5.0% APR representative.
Please note: the example above is for an investment property purchase only and assumes a payment date of 1st of the month. If you choose to pay your mortgage later in the month this will affect payments and could result in a higher APR. For product transfers, re-arrangement and additional borrowing applications, certain fees do not apply. Please speak to your mortgage adviser for further details.
This product is portable. This mortgage product is portable which means that you can transfer this product to another Buy to Let property at any time (subject to terms and conditions).