AGM Online Voting Conditions and Notes on Voting
(1) The last date for receipt of your vote is 12 noon on 24 April 2021. You will not be able to vote during the meeting on 28 April 2021.
(2) You must qualify as either a shareholding Member or a borrowing Member.
(a) To qualify as a shareholding Member, you must:
(i) if you are an individual, be at least 18 years old on 28 April 2021, and
(ii) have held shares to the value of not less than £100 at midnight at the end of 31 December 2020, and
(iii) not have ceased to hold a share or shares at any time between midnight at the end of 31 December 2020 and the voting date, and
(iv) hold a share or shares in the Society on the voting date.
(b) Where the shares are held jointly by two or more persons, only the first named in the records of the Society, in respect of those shares, can have any voting rights.
(c) Where the shareholding is held in the name of a business, that business may authorise an individual to act as its representative by resolution of its directors. However, the representative cannot be a voting Member of the Society.
(d) A holder of a Power of Attorney or Deputy can vote on behalf of the Member.
(a) To qualify as a borrowing Member, you must:
(i) be at least 18 years old on 28 April 2021, and
(ii) have owed the Society not less than £100 in respect of a mortgage debt at midnight at the end of 31 December 2020, and
(iii) owe the Society not less than £100 in respect of a mortgage debt on the voting date.
(b) Where a mortgage debt is owed jointly by two or more persons, only the first named in the records of the Society, in respect of that mortgage, can have any voting rights.
(3) In addition, you can vote only once as a Member, irrespective of:
(a) the number of accounts you hold and whether you hold accounts in different capacities (for example, on your own behalf and as a trustee), and
(b) whether you qualify to vote as both a shareholding Member and a borrowing Member and the amount of your shareholding or mortgage debt.
Notes on Voting
(1) You will not be able to vote during the Annual General Meeting. You may use the form provided to appoint one proxy to vote for you. You may appoint the Chair of the meeting or anyone else as your proxy, and your proxy does not have to be a Member of the Society. Under normal circumstances, your proxy would be able to attend the meeting and vote for you. As we will be holding this year’s meeting via a webinar, any proxy who isn’t the Chair of the meeting will not be permitted to attend. To make sure your vote still counts, any appointment of a proxy will default to the Chair of the meeting.
(2) If you wish to instruct your proxy how to vote on your behalf and on any resolution or the re-election of directors, please place an ‘X’ in the appropriate box. If you do not instruct your proxy how to vote on your behalf, your proxy is authorised to vote at his or her discretion in respect of that resolution or the re-election of directors.
(3) Please do not forget to sign and date section A or B as appropriate on the voting form. Only signed and dated forms will be valid.
(4) Please complete your voting form and post it to Leek United Building Society Scrutineers, AGM Voting, Howsons Electoral Services, 50 Broad Street, Leek, ST13 5NS, for receipt no later than 12 noon on 24 April 2021. You can also vote online by clicking here: leekunited.co.uk/agm.
(5) Members attending the meeting via the webinar will be requested to register by 12 noon on 23 April 2021. Evidence of membership will be required in order to obtain admission.