Rachel Court JP, BA(Hons) Oxon
Independent Non-Executive Director since October 2014 and Independent Chair since April 2016.
Skills and Experience
Rachel has 23 years of experience working in the Building Society sector including 7 years at Executive level. This has been followed by 6 years operating as a Non-Executive Director in the broader financial services sector as well as in the Public and Voluntary sectors.
After an 18 month period on the Board of Leek United, she was appointed as the Society’s Independent Chair, and has overseen the reshaping of the Society’s Board, including the appointment of a new Chief Executive and Finance Director in 2018/19.
Rachel has a career-long commitment to and understanding of the mutual sector and a passion for its ethos. She has a particular understanding of customer service transformation, operational efficiency and risk management, HR and remuneration, product development, sales, mortgage lending and the Intermediary market as a result of her previous roles, and has considerable experience of managing Regulatory engagement. As a leader, she brings a strong commitment to excellent team working and to building an open and constructive environment in which the interests of all stakeholders are fully considered in developing the Society’s strategy and overseeing its performance.
As well as Chairing the Board, Rachel also Chairs the Board Nominations Committee and is a member of the Board Remuneration Committee.
Current external positions
Rachel currently holds the following external appointments:
- Independent Chair of Invesco Pensions Limited, where she is also a member of the Audit and Risk Committee.
- Non-Executive Director of Invesco UK Limited, where she is also Chair of the Risk and Compliance Committee and a member of the Audit Committee.
- Non-Executive Director of Invesco Funds Managers Ltd.
- Governor – Calderdale College.
- Chair – PRISM Youth Project and Independent School.