REGULATORY REPORTING SPECIALIST
Location: Hybrid working with 3 days in the Customer Service Centre (Leek, Staffordshire) and the remaining time from home.
Salary from: £30,000 plus benefits.
Employment type: Full time - Permanent role.
Hours per week: 35 hours per week, worked flexibly between the hours of 8:00am and 6:00pm, Monday to Friday.
Leek United Building Society is an award winning, highly admired, local mutual building society that is owned and trusted by its members and we’re on a mission to become even stronger.
We’re a great place to work too with a strong sense of family – in a recent Best Companies survey, more than 9 out of 10 colleagues said that they were proud to work for Leek United, recommending us as a great place to work. And we want to make things even better.
We’re also a socially responsible employer with an unflinching focus on making a positive difference to the lives of our members, employees, and the local community.
You’ll be joining the business at a fantastic time of growth, with a transformational investment in our premises, people, and products along with other exciting projects like the launch of our digital platform which will benefit both our staff and members.
If you’ve a logical, analytical mind this could be just the opportunity for you!
You’ll be responsible for preparing regulatory returns within the Finance Team, and for developing and maintaining our regulatory reporting process. You’ll prepare and take ownership of monthly data files that support capital, liquidity, and other management information.
You’ll be responsible for maintaining the log of regulatory publications and supporting the business in implementing regulatory change.
You’ll ensure that positive risk behaviours are championed and that the Risk Management Framework is adhered to.
Continuous improvement is at the heart of what we do, and you’ll be flexible and proactive while demanding high standards of yourself and others. You’ll also be innovative with a ‘think outside the box’ mentality.
All in all, you’ll therefore need to be a dynamic high performer to meet our requirements for this important role. But if you’re at the level we need, you’ll enjoy a rewarding role in a great working environment with an excellent reward package.
Required Skills & Experience
- You’ll be self-disciplined, be proactive in your approach with the drive to deliver quality output to a firm deadline.
- You’ll pride yourself on your attention to detail and bring a logical, structured approach to problem solving.
- You’ll have previous experience working within a Finance Function.
- You may have previous accounting experience, but this is not a pre-requisite for success.
- It’s essential that you have strong excel and spreadsheet skills.
In return for your experience, you’ll receive a highly competitive pay and benefits package alongside the opportunity to save for your future with our enhanced pension scheme. Should anything happen to you whilst you work for us, we also provide life assurance equivalent to four times your salary. We’re also open to discussing working flexibly.
What benefits are on offer:
- Competitive salary rates
- 35 hour working week (full-time)
- Contributory Stakeholder Pension Scheme
- Free BUPA health screening
- Minimum of 23 days paid holiday per annum plus bank and public holidays
- Parental Schemes
- Sick Pay guaranteed for 6 months for major illnesses
- Holiday purchase/sale scheme
- Life assurance of 4 times your annual salary
- Employee assistance programme
- Staff discount on insurance products
- Continuous development opportunities
If the above sounds like something you’d thrive at, we’d love to hear from you.
So, what are you waiting for…?
Apply now for this position by emailing your CV to email@example.com.
To view the full job description for this vacancy, please click on the relevant link.
Job Description – Regulatory Reporting Specialist
External Supporting Information Form