Leek United Building Society is an award winning, highly admired, local mutual building society that is owned and trusted by its members and we’re on a mission to become even stronger.
We’re a great place to work too with a strong sense of fun and family – in a recent Best Companies survey, more than 8 out of 10 colleagues said that they were proud to work for Leek United, recommending us as a great place to work. And we want to make things even better.
As part of our plans to grow and become stronger, we’re investing in changes across the business including the launch of a digital platform for our members, transforming our branch network and evolving our processes to deliver efficiencies for staff and members alike. We’re also a socially responsible employer with an unflinching focus on making a positive difference to the lives of our members, employees and the local community.
If you’re a proven leader of change within an organisation, this could be just the opportunity for you.
Reporting to our Change Programme Manager, you will play a pivotal role in the development and execution of our change programme. You’ll be an engaging leader with the experience and passion to motivate stakeholders across the business and deliver specific project objectives in support of our business goals. You’ll be a top level communicator, comfortable to discuss project matters with colleagues at all levels of the Society. Continuously improving is at the heart of what we do at Leek United and you’ll need to be flexible and proactive while demanding high standards of yourself and others. You’ll also be innovative with a ‘think outside the box’ mentality.
All in all, you’ll need to be a dynamic, high performer to meet our requirements for this key role. But if you’re at the level we need you’ll enjoy a senior role within the IT & Change team, in a great working environment and with an excellent rewards package.
What you’ll do
You will be responsible for the day-to-day management of projects, including:
- Clearly and thoroughly identifying the scope of the projects
- Working with the team to identify and schedule all the work required to fulfil the scope
- Identifying resourcing needs in line with the project plan
- Management of testing activities
- Deliver serviceable outcomes to the business through effective handovers
What you’ll need
- A proven experience of delivering large, complex projects to time, cost and quality, ideally within the Financial Services sector and preferably related to mortgages.
- Demonstrable experience of managing the scope and schedule of projects as well as effectively controlling risks and issues.
- Proven ability to ensure projects remain within budget through robust management of cost control.
- Experience in effectively managing project resource and a proven ability to communicate project progress to key stakeholders.
What you’ll receive
In return for the experience, commitment and drive you’ll bring to the role, you’ll receive a highly competitive pay and benefits package alongside the opportunity to save for your future with our enhanced pension scheme. Should anything happen to you whilst you work for us, we provide life assurance equivalent to four times your salary. We’re also open to discussing working flexibly.
To apply for this position, please complete the supporting information form and e-mail this along with your CV, to email@example.com or post to HR Department, Leek United Building Society, 50 St Edward Street, Leek, Staffs, ST13 5DL. (Tel: 01538 384151)
(Strictly no recruitment agencies).
Closing Date – 30 July 2021
Interview Date – TBC
To view the full job description for this vacancy, please click on the relevant link.
Job description – Project Manager
External Supporting Information Form