Location: Flexibility offered to split your working week between home and our Customer Service Centre in Leek, Staffordshire.
Salary from: £19,600 to £25,000 plus benefits.
Employment type: Full time. Permanent.
Hours per week: 35 hours per week, worked flexibly between the hours of 8:00am and 6:00pm, Monday to Friday.
Leek United Building Society is an award winning, highly admired, local mutual building society that is owned and trusted by its members and we’re on a mission to become even stronger.
We’re a great place to work too with a strong sense of family – in a recent Best Companies survey, more than 9 out of 10 colleagues said that they were proud to work for Leek United, recommending us as a great place to work. And we want to make things even better.
We’re also a socially responsible employer with an unflinching focus on making a positive difference to the lives of our members, employees and the local community.
You’ll be joining the business at an exciting time as we look to grow, supporting change projects like the launch of our digital platform as well as making our processes more efficient for the benefit of both our staff and our members.
We are looking for great people to help us grow as a business and help our borrowers fulfil their dreams of owning their own property. We want people to help us build upon our excellent service reputation to become even better. We have exciting plans to modernise our mortgage service, so why not come and join our Mortgage Team at this exciting time of our development?
Our busy Mortgage Team is an essential part of the Society, so what are we looking for:
- Help customers and mortgage brokers with their mortgage applications to create a first-class customer experience.
- Help Leek United to grow safely through good lending decisions and accurate processing.
- Help make Leek United’s reputation in the mortgage market even stronger.
- Ideally, we’d like someone who has mortgage processing or underwriting experience, but other experience of administrative roles may be suitable.
- The ability to plan and organise so that the needs of our customers and brokers are met in an efficient and professional manner.
- A friendly, energetic communication style with your colleagues, our members and mortgage brokers.
In return for your experience, you’ll receive a highly competitive pay and benefits package alongside the opportunity to save for your future with our enhanced pension scheme. Should anything happen to you whilst you work for us, we also provide life assurance equivalent to four times your salary. We’re also open to discussing working flexibly.
What benefits are on offer:
- Competitive salary rates
- 35 hour working week
- Contributory Stakeholder Pension Scheme
- Minimum of 23 days paid holiday per annum plus bank and public holidays
- Parental Schemes
- Sick Pay guaranteed for 6 months for major illnesses
- Holiday purchase/sale scheme
- Life assurance of 4 times your annual salary
- Employee assistance programme
- Complimentary corporate uniform (where relevant)
- Staff discount on insurance products
- Continuous development opportunities
- Free on-site parking
We are looking for an experienced Mortgage Underwriter and if the above sounds like something you’d thrive at, we’d love to hear from you.
So, what are you waiting for…?
To apply for this position, please forward your CV to email@example.com. If you require any further support or reasonable adjustments in order to apply for this role, please let us know.
Or, post to: HR Department, Leek United Building Society, 50 St Edward Street, Leek, Staffordshire ST13 5DL. (Tel: 01538 384151)
(Strictly no recruitment agencies).
Interviews – TBC
Job Description – Mortgage Underwriter
External Supporting Information Form