IT TECHNICAL ENGINEER
Location: Hybrid working with 3 days in the Customer Service Centre (Leek, Staffordshire) and the remaining time remotely.
Employment type: Full-time, permanent position.
Salary: £30,000 - £38,000 dependent on experience, plus benefits.
Working hours: 35 hours per week, worked to a shift pattern:
- Monday to Friday 08:00 – 18:00
- Saturday 08:00 – 13:00
Participation in an on-call rota for high priority incidents. Occasions may arise where you are required to work outside of these hours, or travel to branch locations, to meet operational needs or respond to high priority incidents.
Leek United Building Society is an award winning, highly admired, local mutual building society that is owned and trusted by its members and we’re on a mission to become even stronger.
We’re a great place to work too with a strong sense of family – in a recent Best Companies survey, more than 9 out of 10 colleagues said that they were proud to work for Leek United, recommending us as a great place to work. And we want to make things even better.
We’re also a socially responsible employer with an unflinching focus on making a positive difference to the lives of our members, employees, and the local community.
You’ll be joining the business at a fantastic time of growth, with a transformational investment in our premises, people, and products along with other exciting projects like the launch of our digital platform which will benefit both our staff and members.
If you’ve a logical, analytical mind this could be just the opportunity for you!
The IT Service Team provides a single point of contact for internal IT customers and external third-party service providers. The IT Technical Engineer is responsible for services hosted on-premises, by cloud solution providers, and in managed data centres. The role requires managing incidents and requests to agreed service levels and assisting in complex planned technical changes. Contribution to technical design and configuration is expected, to ensure that proactive service improvements are implemented. Engineers are responsible for managing customer expectations and are expected to always act as a positive representative of the department.
You will be able to provide technical support to IT projects by contributing to solution research, design and implementation, be able to work to project deadlines and within ticket response and resolution SLAs.
Duties will include:
- Providing 3rd line support to internal IT consumers.
- Diagnosing and resolving incidents including investigation and troubleshooting.
- Implementing changes and fulfilling service requests.
- Performing daily system checks and responding to real-time alerts from monitoring.
- Following processes and standard operating procedures.
- Managing hardware break/fix and coordinating engineer to site activities.
- Providing technical support to IT projects by contributing to solution research, design and implementation.
- Maintaining technical knowledge and awareness of industry developments.
Required Skills & Experience
- Microsoft Windows Server 2019 (Active Directory, Group Policy, DHCP, DNS, WSUS, NTFS and Share Permissions)
- Computer Networks (IP addressing and subnetting, firewall rules, network device function and troubleshooting techniques)
- Microsoft Office 365 (Exchange Online, SharePoint Online, OneDrive, Teams)
- Windows 10 (Configuring and troubleshooting)
- Microsoft Deployment Toolkit or equivalent
- Working knowledge of end user hardware and peripherals
- Cisco Meraki
- Parallels or other VDI technology
- Firewalls (Fortinet)
- SQL Server
- Sophos Anti-virus
- Alert Logic
- 8x8 or others cloud based telephony
- ITIL Foundation in Service Management
- Microsoft Certifications
In return for your experience, you’ll receive a highly competitive pay and benefits package alongside the opportunity to save for your future with our enhanced pension scheme. Should anything happen to you whilst you work for us, we also provide life assurance equivalent to four times your salary.
What benefits are on offer:
- Competitive salary rates
- 35 hour working week (full-time)
- Contributory Stakeholder Pension Scheme
- Free Bupa health screening
- Minimum of 23 days paid holiday per annum plus bank and public holidays
- Parental Schemes
- Sick Pay guaranteed for 6 months for major illnesses
- Holiday purchase/sale scheme
- Life assurance of 4 times your annual salary
- Employee assistance programme
- Staff discount on insurance products
- Continuous development opportunities
If the above sounds like something you’d thrive at, we’d love to hear from you.
So, what are you waiting for…?
To apply for this position, please forward your CV with a brief covering letter telling us why you’re interested in this position to firstname.lastname@example.org.
(Strictly no recruitment agencies).
Job Description – IT Technical Engineer
External Supporting Information Form