CUSTOMER ASSISTANT – DERBY BRANCH (12 month fixed term contract)
Leek United Building Society is an award winning, highly admired, local mutual building society that is owned and trusted by its members and we’re on a mission to become even stronger.
We’re a great place to work too with a strong sense of fun and family – in a recent Best Companies survey, more than 8 out of 10 colleagues said they were proud to work for Leek United, recommending us as a great place to work. And we want to make things even better.
As part of our plans to grow and become stronger, we’re investing in changes across the business from the launch of a digital platform for our savings customers, to further developing our staff so that they can excel at what they do with great opportunities to progress.
We’re also bucking the trend of many high street banks and investing in our branch network, with our flagship branch in Leek having recently undergone a state-of-the-art transformation and the development of our remaining branches to follow.
Our Branch Customer Assistants are an essential part of the Society, relied upon to help new and existing members make the most of their savings, buy their dream home and protect what’s important to them.
If you love to talk to people and have a passion to deliver an exceptional customer experience, then you’ll have the opportunity to engage with our members in the branch. From assisting customers with their savings accounts to helping them get on to the property ladder, you’ll help and support them at every step of their journey.
As part of the branch team, our Customer Assistants work together to get to know our members so that we can ensure they have the products and services they want and need. Talking to our members won’t just be through face-to-face and telephone conversations, you’ll have the opportunity to show off your tech skills by conducting video meetings too.
If all this sounds like something you’d thrive at, we’d love to hear from you. We are looking for someone who can work flexibly, covering 29 hours per week between Monday and Saturday.
What you’ll do
- Help our members with any support they need in relation to our products and services
- Fulfil member requests on the counter
- Provide exceptional customer service in all member interactions
- Take pride in the appearance of the branch environment, ensuring a warm welcome for our members
- Support the efficient running of the branch through completion of admin tasks
What you’ll need
- Experience of working in a customer facing environment providing exceptional customer service
- A friendly, energetic communication style with your team and our members
- An ability to show empathy when providing support to our members
- The ability to react positively to changing priorities
- Initiative to identify tasks that need to be completed
- The drive to work hard and contribute to the success of your branch
- Flexibility should you need to support other teams in the branch network
What you’ll receive
A Customer Assistant role marks the start of your journey with Leek United and working with us is rewarding in every sense. We give you the training you need to succeed in your role and opportunities to develop and progress your career here. We offer a competitive pay and benefits package alongside providing the opportunity to save for your future with our enhanced pension scheme. Should anything happen to you whilst you work for us, we also provide life assurance equivalent to four times your salary.
To apply for this position, please complete the supporting information form and e-mail this along with your CV, to email@example.com or post to HR Department, Leek United Building Society, 50 St Edward Street, Leek, Staffs, ST13 5DL. (Tel: 01538 384151)
(Strictly no recruitment agencies).
Closing Date – 30 July 2021
Interview Date – TBC
To view the full job description for this vacancy, please click on the relevant link.
Job description – Customer Assistant
External Supporting Information form