Leek United Building Society is an award winning, highly admired, local mutual building society that is owned and trusted by its members and we’re on a mission to become even stronger.
We’re a great place to work too with a strong sense of fun and family – in a recent Best Companies survey, more than 8 out of 10 colleagues said that they were proud to work for Leek United, recommending us as a great place to work. And we want to make things even better.
As part of our plans to grow and become stronger, we’re investing in changes across the business including the launch of a digital platform for our members, transforming our branch network and evolving our processes to deliver efficiencies for staff and members alike. We’re also a socially responsible employer with an unflinching focus on making a positive difference to the lives of our members, employees and the local community.
If you’re an experienced Business Analyst who is excited by change and looking for the next challenge in your career, this could be just the opportunity for you.
Reporting to our Change Programme Manager, you will play a key role in the development of our digital proposition. You’ll be a great communicator who will engage with the business to understand current processes, be inquisitive to find out the business needs and be imaginative in outlining solutions and proposing ways forward at an exciting time for the Society. Continuously improving is at the heart of what we do at Leek United, and you’ll need to be flexible and proactive while demanding high standards of yourself and others.
All in all, you’ll need to be a dynamic, high performer to meet our requirements for this key role. But if you’re at the level we need you’ll enjoy working within the IT & Change team, in a great working environment and with an excellent rewards package.
What you’ll do
You will work with the business to lead the development of a digital proposition for our customer, including:
- Documenting current business processes, identifying emerging needs, outlining solutions and proposing ways forward.
- Assisting with workshops, discussions, and process re-design activities.
- Planning the analysis of data sets and supporting with workshops, discussions, and documentation.
- Leading on the identification and definition of requirements for our future systems.
- Leading on production of the technical specification, solution design and procurement
What you’ll need
- Proven experience of business analysis and experience of working on projects, ideally within the Financial Services sector and preferably related to mortgages.
- A recognised Business Analyst qualification such as ISEB along with BPMN or similar business process modelling skills and the ability to use Microsoft Office Tools structured methodical approach.
- A problem solver with great analytical skills and demonstrable experience of translating desired business outcomes to solutions.
- Well-developed planning and organisational skills with the ability to work to deadlines and meet standards, along with outstanding communication and inter-personal skills.
What you’ll receive
In return for the experience, commitment and drive you’ll bring to this role, you’ll receive a highly competitive pay and benefits package alongside the opportunity to save for your future with our enhanced pension scheme. Should anything happen to you whilst you work for us, we also provide life assurance equivalent to four times your salary. We’re also open to discussing working flexibly.
To apply for this position, please complete the supporting information form and e-mail this along with your CV, to email@example.com or post to HR Department, Leek United Building Society, 50 St Edward Street, Leek, Staffs, ST13 5DL. (Tel: 01538 384151)
(Strictly no recruitment agencies).
Closing Date – 30 July 2021
Interview Date – TBC
To view the full job description for this vacancy, please click on the relevant link.
Job description – Business Analyst
External Supporting Information Form