Leek United Building Society is a highly admired financial services provider, strong, independent and deeply committed to its mutual status. And we’re investing in becoming even stronger.
It’s our focus on providing exceptional service that makes us stand out – more than 95% of our customers are satisfied with their experience of the Society. And we’re a super place to work – in a recent Best Companies survey, more than 8 out of 10 colleagues said they were proud to work for Leek United and would recommend us as a great place to work.
A core foundation of the Society’s strategy is to maintain a robust and fully embedded risk management framework underpinned by a highly skilled Risk & Compliance function.
An exciting opportunity has now arisen for a Compliance Officer who will provide comprehensive assistance to the Head of Compliance & Secretariat, within our Risk & Compliance department.
As a Compliance Officer you will ensure that the Society’s recorded systems and controls are complied with at all times. You will undertake regular monitoring activities in relation to both conduct and financial crime risk, as well as providing support for periodic thematic reviews.
- To consider the effectiveness and efficiency of the Society’s systems and controls in relation to compliance and suggest process and control improvements.
- Support in the collation and delivery of the Annual Risk & Compliance Oversight Plan and the Risk & Compliance Oversight Manual.
- Develop, maintain and execute a second line oversight plan for assessing the effectiveness of mortgage underwriting, mortgage sales, mortgage arrears and the Branch and Insurance processes and the associated Training & Competence Schemes.
- Comprehensively capture all regulatory changes on the Regulatory Risk Horizon Tracker and request updates from management on their progress and impact.
Required Skills & Experience:
You will be CeMAP (or equivalent) qualified and have experience within a second line function and interpreting regulation, along with a proven ability to facilitate training sessions. You will need the ability to adapt to any given situation and work well under pressure by managing multiple activities.
- Highly competitive salary and benefits (salary commensurate with experience)
- 35 hour working week with significant flexibility for home working
- Contributory Stakeholder Pension Scheme
- Life Assurance - 4 times your annual salary
To apply for this position, please complete the supporting information form and e-mail this, along with your CV, to firstname.lastname@example.org or post to HR Department, Leek United Building Society, 50 St Edward Street, Leek, Staffordshire ST13 5DL. (Tel: 01538 384151) (Strictly no recruitment agencies).
To view the full job description for this vacancy, please click on the relevant link.
Closing Date – 5 March 2021
Interviews dates - TBC
Job Description – Compliance Officer
External Supporting Information form