Business Development Manager (South)
Leek United is a highly admired financial services provider, independent, strong and deeply committed to its mutual status.
It is our mission to excel in meeting the financial needs of our members by providing high quality competitive products but, more importantly, by providing exceptional customer service and Sales are essential to this success.
To focus on the relationship management of Level 1 brokers to ensure that lending volumes are achieved by ensuring that new registrations and existing relationships are developed to maximize the opportunity and also increase the number of applications received per broker, mortgage club or mortgage network. Providing exceptional service during all broker interactions, ensuring that the end to end process is efficient, standards are met at all touch points and information is provided in an effective and professional manner.
What you’ll do:
- Customer Focus
- Deliver a first class professional customer service ensuring that brokers are valued and that their interests are at the heart of your activity.
- Keep mortgage brokers informed of progress of their applications at key touch points
- Present suitable presentations to brokers at seminars and conferences
- Relationship Management
- Manage and develop designated Level 1 brokers, networks and mortgage clubs effectively, developing strong relations with the senior team and key personnel at each assigned account
- Develop new and existing broker relations to increase the number of applications per mortgage broker by effectively developing joint sales and marketing plans with assigned brokers
- Effectively deliver key business messages to broker in relation to criteria, service and products
- Undertake regular face to face visits to allocated Level 1 brokers, networks and mortgage clubs
- Proactively and reactively make inbound and outbound calls as required to achieve new business volumes
- Achieve individual and team, service and sales objectives by actively contributing to the achievement of the Society’s overall objectives.
- Increase the amount of business received from Level 1 mortgage brokers, networks and mortgage clubs
- Act as an ambassador for the Society at external events e.g. Mortgage exhibitions, network events
- Regulatory and Compliance Knowledge
- Maintain own industry knowledge , understanding of regulatory rules and customer propositions
- Understand and follow the principles of TCF at all time
- Production of Management Information
- Produce and develop MI when required to Head of Mortgage Sales and Operations Director
- Maintain accurate records of all interaction with brokers and record on Access database
- Ad-Hoc Duties
- Work alongside the Head of Marketing to co-ordinate marketing activity and develop joint marketing plans with Level 1 brokers, mortgage clubs and networks.
- Feedback into the business relevant information to improve products and service offerings
What you’ll need:
- The ability to identify and build valuable business links for the Society externally
- Provides a quality, professional and compliant service
- The ability to builds long term relationships externally and internally
- The ability to deliver results whilst meeting regulatory/compliance requirements
- Organisational and time management skills
- The ability to work effectively as part of a team and independently using own initiative
- Excellent written and oral communication skills to covert queries to long lasting relations
- Excellent interpersonal skills to clearly explain products and processes to brokers
- Ability to present to a range of stakeholders, tailoring style appropriately
- A minimum 3 years’ experience of effective relationship management with key accounts, networks and mortgage clubs
- Experience of complying with defined rules, procedures and regulation and adhering to these.
- Experience of delivering results whilst maintaining regulatory/compliance requirements
- Fully CeMAP qualified or by equivalent examination
- Knowledge of FCA and PRA regulation, including MCOBS, Conduct Risk.
- Knowledge of Anti-money Laundering regulations, Data Protection Act, Disability Discrimination Act, Equal Opportunities’ Policy
- Knowledge of the wider broker market, including networks and mortgage clubs
- Knowledge of the Society’s complaints procedure, Responsible Lending Policy.
- Knowledge of the wider mortgage market, including the House buying process
To apply for this position, please complete the application form and e-mail this to firstname.lastname@example.org or post to HR Department, Leek United Building Society, 50 St Edward Street, Leek, Staffs, ST13 5DL. (Tel: 01538 384151) (Strictly no recruitment agencies).
Closing Date – 14/02/2019
Interview Date – TBC
To view the full job description and benefits package for this vacancy, please click on the relevant link.
Job description Benefits Package Applicant privacy notice