Assistant Product and Propositions Manager
Leek United Building Society is a highly admired financial services provider, strong, independent and deeply committed to its mutual status. And we’re investing in becoming even stronger.
It’s our focus on providing exceptional service that makes us stand out – more than 95% of our customers are satisfied with their experience of the Society. And we’re a super place to work with a strong sense of fun and family – in a recent Best Companies survey, more than 8 out of 10 colleagues said they were proud to work for us and would recommend us as a great place to work.
We’ve started a significant and exciting programme of investment in our people, technology and processes and this role represents a critical appointment for us as we progress our journey. Not least as we’ll be transforming the way we do business with both our mortgage and savings customers.
Reporting to the Product & Proposition Manager, you will be required to support the development and delivery of Mortgage, Savings and General Insurance products to meet the needs of our members and intermediaries, as well as ensuring that the products reach the market on time, with 100% accuracy. You will work with relevant business functions internally and externally to identify niche product/criteria opportunities to ensure we maintain a competitive advantage outside of price alone, whilst at the same time ensuring regulatory and internal limits are adhered to.
- To carry out market research and market analysis to support the recommendation of new products and ongoing performance of each product for the Society.
- To complete product reviews on Mortgage, Savings and Insurance products for the relevant Committees.
- To assist with the set-up of terms and conditions for all products in line with regulatory requirements.
- To produce management information to support the management of the Mortgage, Savings and Insurance book.
- To keep up to date with any changes in the Mortgage, Savings and Insurance market that could affect the Society’s range of products or could offer an opportunity.
- To carry out testing on new products ensuring all testing is documented accordingly.
- To deputise for the Product and Propositions Manager when required.
Required Skills & Experience
- Certificate in Mortgage Advice and Practice (CeMAP) is desirable but not essential.
- Attention to detail and accuracy with MI and metrics.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Confident stakeholder management with confidence and credibility to deal with all levels of colleagues across the business.
- Highly competitive salary and benefits commensurate with experience
- 35 hour working week with significant flexibility for home working
- Contributory Stakeholder Pension Scheme
- Life Assurance - 4 times your annual salary
To apply for this position, please complete the Supporting Information form, Equal Opportunities and e-mail them with your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or post to HR Department, Leek United Building Society, 50 St Edward Street, Leek, Staffordshire ST13 5DL. (Tel: 01538 384151) (Strictly no recruitment agencies).
Closing Date – 25th January 2021
Interviews – w/c 1st February 2021
Job description Benefits Package Applicant Privacy Notice Supporting information form Equal Opportunities form